The LCF3 Firearms & Tool Marks Comparison Microscope is a robust and powerful system offering outstanding performance, ergonomic comfort, and incredible versatility. Leeds has designed the system incorporating feedback from the first hand experience of forensic examiners.
- The LCF3 is built with world-class Olympus apochromatically corrected optics, providing crisp, aberration-free, high-resolution images. The macro bodies, with a 16:1 zoom ratio and built-in aperture diaphragms, provide the examiner with 14 matched magnification positions to choose from. The optics are parcentric and parfocal throughout the zoom range. Leeds’ technicians align all 14 of the click stop settings to assure that the magnification of the right and left zoom bodies are matched. This
matching is completed using N.I.S.T. (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable standards and includes an ISO 17025 accredited Certificate of Calibration with each LCF3. Optional objectives are available to provide alternate magnification ranges and working distances for the examiners.
- Low profile stages help maintain an ergonomic viewing position and places the X and Y controls near the coarse and fine focus knobs. These mechanical stages and focus units are positioned to minimize repetitive hand-over-wrist motions. The stage mounts are placed on adjustable posts, allowing the stages to be removed from the work surface, to accommodate large samples.
- The LCF3 optical bridge produces an erect, un-revised image with a large 22mm field of view. Compared images can be viewed as 100% right, 100% left, and divided or overlapped into any ratio. The Leeds’ mask adjustor intuitively allows the examiner to manipulate the percentage of the right or left image being reviewed by sliding the adjustor right to left.
- Ergonomic design of fine focus adjustments by removing hand-over-wrist motion.
- Ergonomic table shape permits the examiner to be closer to the microscope eyepieces, offering a more comfortable seated position.
- Comfort is easily acheivable for all examiners with a tiltable binocular head adjusting from 5° to 35°.
- Easy to use, positionable touch-pad controls table height, lighting controls, and Z column position from a single-control panel. Includes memory function to save individual examiner’s settings.
- Versatile, motorized table with height adjustment from 26” - 38”. The ergonomic table shape is designed with a large work surface area and Leeds’ classic “object roll-off”
- The LCF3's modular design allows for ease of adding options such as a right, or left, side dual-view option, a 12” or 16” shelf, a right side, and/or left side, table extension with neoprene pad, a monitor support arm, a keyboard and mouse tray, and a computer-leg mount.
- A single axis LCD measuring scale can be added for direct reading of point-topoint measurement of lands, grooves, tool marks, etc. It is capable of measuring in inch or metric units with a .0005”/0.01mm resolution. Use of this LCD scale eliminates the need for measurements that require stage veniers, eyepiece micrometers or an air gap method. A N.I.S.T. traceable, ISO 17025 accredited, Certificate of Calibration is provided with every LCD scale at installation.
- The parfocality of the LCF3 minimizes the need for constant refocusing by the examiner while changing magnification settings. All visual magnifications are clearly marked on the zoom knobs, eliminating the need for use of multipliers to determine the total viewed magnification. A N.I.S.T. traceable Certificate of Magnification Matching is provided with every system at the time of installation.